Which materials are best for your bathroom floors? Although bamboo, cork and hardwood flooring are beautiful options, because of the humidity, you want a material that will withstand frequent moisture and temperature changes.
Luxury Vinyl Tile for Your Bathroom Floors
Luxury vinyl tile is our top bathroom pick for a number of reasons, such as:
- Luxury vinyl tile is completely waterproof thanks to its PVC backing, whereas a lot of standard vinyl relies on various backing materials that can’t always handle moisture.
- Luxury vinyl tile has countless design options. From a bright and bold tile design to the appearance of hardwood flooring, you can pick pretty much any style you’d like.
- Luxury vinyl tile is very cost effective. It’s another way to get the look of tile while sticking to a lower budget.
Additional Bathroom Floor Materials
Not quite sure luxury vinyl tile is the best fit for you? Here are a couple more bathroom floor options to consider:
- Concrete doesn’t need to be dismally drab! As HGTV shows, you can use concrete tiles to create a stunning, yet practical, bathroom floor design.
- Tile is one of the most common options for a reason, this material can be used in countless colors and patterns (from pebble stone or marble to natural or intricate) while providing durability as well as resistance to stains and moisture. As BHG reminds us, choose a slip-resistant tile to prevent falls, and radiant heating to make the bathroom floors a little cozier.
What if you really want hardwood, bamboo or cork? One great option is to use these materials in a powder bath; in addition to creating a beautiful foundation to the room, you can simply continue the existing flooring as these spaces tend to be adjacent to common areas.
Want to know more about your bathroom floor options? Come visit our showroom to talk to our experts and see materials first-hand! They can show you luxury vinyl tile, concrete, tile, or even discuss options for a powder bath. Remember to contact us for a free in-home estimate, too.
Photo credit: Armstrong – Empire Walnut – Raven LVT