Image source: Joybird Furniture
I’ve always loved a mid-century styled room.
No, not one that goes all out “period”, mind you, But, instead, one where most of the elements lend themselves to that type of look. A space where a vintage look – one with new, fresh – pieces can give off a mid-century vibe without screaming it. A space that looks current and modern, yet also suggests a nod to the past.
There are some things about mid-century style that were not so great:
- The low seating makes it hard to get up and down.
- The polyester fabrics and cheap foam insides that are now much more advanced and good-looking.
- The color schemes (Okay, that’s personal. I know. But I’m not really that crazy about the color schemes used back then.)
Today you can have some mid-century style with all the creature comforts of the lifestyles we currently love, in a color scheme that will last. And down below I’ve assembled some new products with that mid-century look, for a room that will be comfy, cool, and soooo stylish for a very long time.
- Some cool lighting from one of my sponsors, ParrotUncle. I love the wooden, clean-lined shapes.
- From Joybird, some lounge-y seating that doesn’t sit too low or scream mid-century from the rooftops.
- From Wayfair, a great overdyed Oriental rug, perfect for a mid-century look, along with a real Saarinen table from Knoll (also through Wayfair).
- And much more!
There you have it: a cool, mid-century style, with all the comfort and freshness of today!
*Disclaimer: DESIGNED w/ Carla Aston is not responsible for the items on these boards. Please direct all concerns to a product’s manufacturer.
does your home look worn out? *
if so, subscribe to DESIGN REFRESH, my bi-weekly newsletter featuring design tips & tools that will have your home looking fresh and new in no time!